Manual’s Counseling Team
Manual’s counselors ensure all students have the support they need to be successful.
Manual High School College Readiness Team
The MHS counseling department supports all students in accessing and securing post-secondary opportunities to help them achieve their dreams. Every student is pushed to expand his or her views of what is possible and exposed to a variety of post-secondary options, including competitive four-year colleges.
MHS counselors remain a strong support for students as they transition from high school to their next adventure in college or the workplace.
At Manual, we have high expectations for our students, who we believe can achieve greatness.
- 85% ICAP completion through strategic integration of Naviance and Google platforms
- $700,000 in scholarship dollars for the graduating class of 2017
- 90% FAFSA completion for all eligible seniors by graduation
- 20% gain in four-year college acceptance rate from 2015-2016 with an overall goal of 85%
- 25% gain in college/post-secondary enrollment over the summer from 2015-2016 enrollment rate
- Increased exposure for grades 9-11 to college campuses and DSF Advisor – 85% of all students 9-11 will complete ICAP goals for the year, and
- Increased student understanding of the language of college (2 vs. 4 year, in-state vs. out-of-state, financial aid, etc.) through Manual’s P4S lessons
To reach Manual’s Future Center, sponsored by the Denver Scholarship Foundation, contact College Advisor Diana Madriz, email@example.com, or 720-423-6460.