McAullife at Manual opened its doors in 2016. Beginning 2017-18 school year, it will be co-located on the third floor of Manual High School. Manual High School’s Principal Lynn Heintzman and McAuliffe at Manual’s Principal Jessica Long share a commitment to collaborative leadership and continuity of mission and vision between the two schools.
Benefits of the Partnership
Co-locating and aligning programming with Manual High School offers many unique opportunities for McAuliffe at Manual students, including:
- Advanced students can take high school level courses (i.e. geometry) and earn high school credits while attending middle school
- Students interested in science careers will benefit from opportunities in the Med School at Manual program
- McAuliffe eighth graders have a guaranteed spot at Manual and priority admission into the MedSchool at Manual
- Athletes have access to high school-level coaching and high-quality facilities such as turf fields, a track, a swimming pool, the Thunder Dome, a weight room and a wrestling room
- Visual and performing artists have access to multiple art, music, and dance rooms, in addition to a 1,000 seat auditorium