The World Opens Through Our Doors
Librarian- Julie Malek
- Monday 11 am -4:00 pm
- Tuesday 8:00 am – 4:00 pm
- Wednesday 8:00 am- 4:00 pm
- Thursday 8:00 am – 4:00 pm
- Friday Closed
“The doors of wisdom are never shut.” – Benjamin Franklin
DPS LION- Online catalog and research tools and databases. If accessing outside of school, you will need to log in using your last name and your 6-digit student id.
- Overdrive- Ebooks and Audiobooks. Visit Overdrive to find hundreds of audio and ebooks at your fingertips! Download the app to your phone or read books using your Kindle account.
- Britannica High School- Encyclopedia
- Culture Grams: World Ed- Information about countries and people around the world
- Student Resources in Context- Multitude of various topics
- Opposing Viewpoints in Context- Issues based database
- Best Databases from Denver Public Library
- Denver Public Library audio and ebooks
- Denver Public Library Digital Collection
- Homework Help from Denver Public Library – No library card needed
- Easy Bib – Easy way to create correct citations
- Purdue Online Writing Lab – Everything you ever wanted to know about writing but were too afraid to ask. Resources for students and teachers about grammar, punctuation, formatting, and even the Oxford comma.
- Colorado Encyclopedia – All things Colorado
- Colorado Historic Newspapers – An archive of 220+ newspapers published in Colorado from 1859 up to 1923
- World Digital Library – Search 19,147 items about 193 countries between 8000 BCE and 2000
- Library of Congress – The largest library in the world, with millions of books, recordings, photographs, newspapers, maps and manuscripts in its collections.
- Congressional Website – Current legislation and legislators with contact information
To sign up for any of the Library Spaces, please check availability in the calendar below for your desired date/time and click on this calendar reservation link.
The Commons (Blue)-
This is the largest space in the library with seating for your entire class. The area also features a Promethean Board and is perfect for large group projects.
This space features several 3D printers, hands-on tools, space to create and a spill-resistant floor. It is a the perfect place for project-based learning! There is space for up to 15 people in the room. If your class is larger, consider reserving the adjacent Collaboration Zone & Makerspace Overflow.
Collaboration Zone & Makerspace Overflow (Red)-
Located at the southern end of the library adjacent to the Makerspace, this open area has seating for up to 20. It is excellent for a smaller class project or as an area to work on the “cleaner” aspects of project-based learning.
Video Production Space (Yellow) –
This small space will feature a green screen used with chroma key compositing for advanced video production. It can also be used as a a quiet space for small group collaboration.
Time with the Librarian (Green)
You are welcome to bring your class to the library to work with you by reserving the above spaces. If you need support from Julie Malek (the librarian) please add a calendar reservation for her time to your reserved space.