The YMCA provides students, families, and community members access to its free programming, which takes place right on the Manual campus. YMCA offerings include:
- Alas de Yoga (yoga taught in Spanish)
- Mondays and Fridays 10-11 a.m. (Dance Studio)
- Zumba (fitness class featuring movements and music inspired by Latin American culture)
- Mondays 6-7 p.m. (Dance Studio)
YMCA offers a variety of classes, including nutrition, cooking, parenting, and financial education. Call the Activity Line for the latest class list, 303-292-2281.
The Y Neighbors program connects families with community resources, including:
- Food Stamps
- TANF (Temporary Assistance for Needy Families)
- Medicaid and CHP+
- LEAP (Low-Income Energy Assistance Program)
For appointments, call Maria Neal with Denver Human Services Community Outreach, 720-810-5348 (Wednesdays 10 a.m. -2 p.m., room 139 in the YMCA hallway).