The Thunderbolt Philosophy
At Manual, we work hard and play hard. With the development of lifelong fitness and self-discipline at the crux of our athletic program, Manual athletes learn the importance of teamwork, sportsmanship, and healthy competition. Working hard, supporting teammates, showing respect for their coaches and opponents distinguishes Manual athletes on their drive to success in sports and in life. The steadfast determination and pursuit of excellence found in our classrooms continues out on the field, the courts or wherever our sports take us.
Thunderbolt Athletic Facts
- More than sixty percent of our student scholars are members of a sports team. In fact, many of our student athletes participate in multiple sports throughout the academic year.
- Manual High School competes in the Denver Metro league and is a member of CHSAA.
Manual proudly holds 26 state championships, as well as the CHSAA record for the most basketball championships. In fact, two former Thunderbolts still hold state records: Chucky Sprolling scored a jaw-dropping 74 points in one game against Denver North, and Bruno Knopka punted the football an astonishing 99 yards.
We welcome all students, including those new to organized sports. For more information about the Thunderbolt Athletic Program, contact Manual’s Athletic Director Doug Clinkscales, firstname.lastname@example.org or 720-423-6340.
Manual offers the following sports:
- Girls and Boys Soccer
- Girls and Boys Basketball
- Girls and Boys Track
IF you don’t attend Manual and want to participate in Manual Athletics please use this form.
Follow these Thunderbolts currently playing in college:
- Jaedon Bowles Class of 2019 CSU Pueblo Basketball
- Corey Jones Class of 2019 Hamilton College Football -Track
- Destiny Fox Class of 2019 Basketball
- Lassine Kone Class of 2016 CSU Football